How does a Hybrid Engine Work?
Well, first of all we know that hybrid cars have two engines in them a gasoline and an
electric! It also very good towards the enviroment because instead of pumping the air conditioner with gasoline to
start it you can pump it to start with an electric engine! The Advantages of having a hybrid
vehicle is that:
The current hybrids that are on the market is the Toyota Prius, Honda Insight and the Honda Civic Hybrid!
- The regenerative braking capability helps minimize energy loss and recover the energy
used to slow down or stop a vehicle.
- HEVs can reduce dependency on fossil fuels because they can run on alternative fuels.
- Fuel efficiency is greatly increased (hybrids consume significantly less fuel than vehicles powered by gasoline alone).
- Engines can be sized to accommodate average load, not peak load, which reduces the engine's weight.
- Greenhouse gases are greatly deminished!
- And apecial lightweight materials are used to reduce the overall vehicle weight of HEVs.